You must hold a suitable level 2 qualification in gym instructing.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
The aim of this qualification is to develop your existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction to become a certified personal trainer and enable you to pursue a career in personal training.
During the qualification you will cover the following:
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
- Online coaching support from our expert tutors
- Full access to our extensive online resources
- Assessment support and certification on completion
What’s the timeline?
The courses can take between 2-4 months of part time study.