Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training & Gym Instructing
This qualification aims to train you to a professionally competent level, enabling you to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes developing skills knowledge to pursue a career in personal training.
This course can take between 3-6 months of part time study.
Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
Throughout your course you will study a range of core modules including:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with clients and other health care professionals
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
Make an enquiry
What you can expect
Online coaching support from our expert tutors
Full access to our extensive online resources
Assessment support and certification on completion